Week In review (so far), Lockn', Mayweather/McGregor, Rams/Chargers, Widespread Panic, Joe Russo's Almost Dead, String Cheese Incident, Umphrey's McGee, Taiji, Japan, TJ Lavin, Phish, Challenge XXX...Off To CO in the AM...

It is Saturday night right now and I have a bunch of everything happening at my house. I have the Ram / Charger game on which I wish the game would not only end (there is still 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter), I also want them to lose or stay right where they are now at a 21-6 deficit. Goff was fine. He threw well. He was sacked though, two times and after the first one, I kind of wanted him out of the game. I honestly figured since he played one and half quarters last week, that he would play less time this week. I think he played more time this week quite frankly but coach Sean McVay took him out after the 2nd hit and after that fumble. As for his interception, he lost the ball. He did not want to throw and it left his hand. Ironically, the throw was almost great anyway which is how good he is at QB.

I am however, very impressed with this Justin Davis running back. I was also impressed with that Ram interception, however, I did not see who did it. It was in the first quarter, but that was a big time play. The best big time play by leaps and bounds was by WR Josh Reynolds. He not only got laid the hell out (guy on opposing team got a 15 yard penalty), the next play he caught the TD pass. I think the Rams will end up winning. I would rather them lose now although it is only the the 2nd and 3rd stringers doing everything now. They ended up losing but by only two points (21-19).

The team needs to find a way to sign Aaron Donald. That is one huge missing link right now and further, with him in playing, that D would be insane this year. 

I am also watching the Lockn' Festival live feed. It's been a great few days of music there. They do it up sweetly at that festival. 

The first day, Umphrey's McGee (UM) did a set and then the stage would twirl around as String Cheese Incident (SCI) started up top do their first set. It was amazing from what I could hear because the sound and the feed was horrible. Setting that aside, the stage then twirled around again after the SCI first set was done, and UM did their second set. After that was done, same thing. The stage turns around to SCI playing their second set. Then at the end, y friend told me that they did an ensemble encore of the Allman Bros. song 'Jessica'. I think that was perfect all around and man is that UM band insanity. Holy shit is this guitar player nuts when he plays. He is by far one the best guitarists out there now. And, no one knows him or this band for all intent and purpose and/or in the broad scheme of life. 

Then I heard late last night that the My Morning Jacket guy came out with Joe Russo's Almost Dead band to do the Janes Addiction tune, 'Been Caught Stealin' out of Help On The Way>Slipknots for gods sakes. I heard a bit of that John Butler guy who is pretty intense but now Widespread Panic is on and they are on fire. We are about 4 to 5 songs deep and speaking of sick guitarists, Jimmy Herring is something else. He went to high school with another friend of mine.

And, if this all not enough for you people, I have the friggan fight on too. Its the preliminaries now but the main fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is set to start in about 40 minutes. I know nothing about boxing today although I do know who Floyd Mayweather is and I totally know the old school UFC guys. Like McGregor although I was told he got knocked out by another oldie goodie, Nick Diaz. I am pretty sure I saw that guys first UFC match ever. 

I have not watched it lately but it's blown up today. The first time I ever saw a pseudo UFC match, it was only legal in THREE (3) states. It was crazy back then in 96. People were breaking each other's arms or dislocating shoulders right on TV. I had to turn it off and I did not watch it again until the reality show started up with Dana White at the helm. He did well making that a viable sport.

I just tweeted to Mike Gordon to show up to sit in with Joe Russo on Thursday:
And, then I saw this post by (Jon) Fishman:
Image may contain: one or more people
I just spent some time with my niece and nephew because I wont be seeing them until after September 8th:


Man. There is nothing on TV tonight. Oh you know what? I have Ballers and Ray Donovan to watch from last night's episodes.

This Hurricane Harvey is bringing that south so much rain. It has rained in 3 days more than it has in that area in an entire year. Much like when there is a mass shooting, no one wants to talk about the so called elephant in the room. And, I get it is not the time to bring up climate issues but this wreaks of it. Higher waters. Warmer waters guided the storm inland without any currents to help push it away. And, when I mention it, conservative groups shrug off any potential link between Harvey and climate change. Myron Ebell, who headed the EPA’s transition team when Trump became president, said the last decade has been a period of ‘low hurricane activity’. Some scientists have pointed to the storm as further evidence of the dangers of climate change, with Penn State University professor of meteorology Michael Mann stating that warming temperatures “worsened the impact” of the storm, heightening the risk to life and property. 

Conservative groups, however, have mobilized to downplay or mock any association between the storm and climate change. Myron Ebell, who headed the Environmental Protection Agency’s transition team when Donald Trump became president, said the last decade has been a “period of low hurricane activity” and pointed out that previous hurricanes occurred when emissions were lower. “Instead of wasting colossal sums of money on reducing greenhouse gas emissions, much smaller amounts should be spent on improving the infrastructure that protects the Gulf and Atlantic costs,” said Ebell, who is director of environmental policy at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a libertarian think tank that has received donations from fossil fuel companies such as Exxon Mobil.

I have said this many times. The generations before us and even mine just really screws everything up. We literally have been left to pick up those pieces from those messes just to get to some norm. Rather than dealing in a fundamental way which ironically would bring in huge revenues for the country, we wait for disaster to strike to deal after it hits. Case in point is that Myrion Erbell's mentality and strategy which is to allow the storms but to prepare for them better with infrastructure. But, how do we move everyone inland? That is the ONLY real solutions off the gulf and off the Atlantic coasts down in Florida. 

Trump and his wife went down today. He is goofy. I do not even know half of what he said because it was all smoke and mirrors. He went down to show face which again, I get. He mentioned nothing about the people rescued or the deaths so far documented. There were a few self serving comments when he spoke. And, that was it. Like I said, he is such a goofball. He is not real. You could tell he was miserable being there today. 

Milania looked hot. I can't even believe...what am i saying....I can believe why she is married to him but man is it gross to see them together. They never touch each other though. I am sure she bones the pool boy (so to speak) or at least I hope she does .

Trump fired the guy that produced the live speech done last week in Arizona. And, in typical Trump fashion, at that same time, he touted how great the crowds were and how the media did not show the crowd. I mean as they were showing the crowd he said it, but to me, it looked like a lot of people were there. At the same time, I think the issue was that many people bailed in the middle of his speech. Which is on him. 

He has to project I suppose.

There is news about how Donald Trump tried to do a bunch of business in Russia during his election campaign. They wanted to build a Trump Tower to be the highest building in Russia. I thought that was off and I don't know why the Russian brass would want a tall building anywhere in any major city. The architecture in Russia is very specific. It is very colorful. A huge monster building would stick out in any major city that they were planning to build it. I assume this was to be built in Moscow. In defense, he did not think for a second at that time that he was going to win the primary, let alone the general election. So, his plan was then to cash in as best as he can. Him saying he had no dealings in Russia is just nuts. That is taking Trump for his word which we know that nothing he says is real. Trump was also praising the hell out of Vladimir Putin right at that time. Regardless, he had or has interests in Russia that have nothing to do with that beauty pageant.

Plus, Trump's lawyer sent an email to Vladimir Putin's spokesman in January 2016 asking for his "assistance" with a massive real-estate project being pursued by the Trump Organization in Russia at the time. "Over the past few months I have been working with a company based in Russia regarding the development of a Trump Tower - Moscow project in Moscow City." 

"Without getting into lengthy specifics. the communication between our two sides has stalled," Cohen continued. "As this project is too important, I am hereby requesting your assistance. I respectfully request someone, preferably you, contact me so that I might discuss the specifics as well as arranging meetings with the appropriate individuals. I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon."

"Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it," Sater wrote to Cohen, according to emails obtained by the New York Times. " I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected."

There is a serious pattern here of them never telling the entire story about anything relating to Russia. Let alone with regard to the Russian interference in the elections. There is a ton of obstruction quite frankly. 

Robert Mueller has to know what is up here. 

Then, in Japan. Kim Jong-un, the head of North Korea, shot off another missile yesterday that went clear over the country of Japan. The Japanese people were awakened today by sirens as it flew overhead. 

Now that had to be surreal to see.

You know what would have been great? If the bomb landed right in the cove area off the coast in Taiji, Japan. The Dolphin hunting and capturing season starts on Friday and I am ill about it. Here is this year's quotas:
No automatic alt text available.
Disgusting. I hate those people that steal these beings from our oceans. I also maintain that if we cannot by law get rid of this practice all together, we need to also find some way to create a wall out in the International waters and off the waters owned by that country. That way we could potentially guide the Dolphin pods away from those killers and hunters. 

And, I get to report on all of the deaths and captures again this year. Fun. Fun.

I wonder when TJ (Lavin) is going to tell everyone about the million dollar pot (not $150K which is what they think they are playing for)? I love TJ. He was wearing a do not use fur shirt (the word fur was X'ed out on his shirt). And, he was losing it as Camille was getting bashed into that pole. It was priceless watching him crack up.

OK everyone. Take it easy. I am off to CO for a week. I will write again over the next weekend. That way I can report about everything that went down this week.

Have phun and stay in touch!