Cashew Mozzarella, Grilled Cheese, Recipe of the Week!

INGREDIENTS

PREPARATION

  1. Cover the cashews with water. Let the nuts soak for at least 6 hours.
  2. Put the psyllium powder with the of water in a bowl and let it soak for two hours, until it has a gelatinous consistency.
  3. Drain the cashews and add them along with the soaked psyllium, lemon juice, and salt in a high-speed blender. Blend on high until the mixture is super smooth and creamy.
  4. Pour into a 2-3 cup bowl and put it in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

Total Calories: 216 | Total Carbs: 68 g | Total Fat: 69 g | Total Protein: 30 g | Total Sodium: 607 mg | Total Sugar: 11 g

AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS


photo
Mostly Mexican and sometimes international easy vegan dinners and desserts.
My name is Azu. I am a Biomedical Engineer who likes to cook and bake. I cook, prepare, test and taste international recipes, and if I really like them I share them on my blog Sweet Cannela. I live in Mexico City, which has an altitude of 2,240 m (7,350 ft) above sea level, so I like to experiment with recipes for baking at high altitudes. Lately, I have been interested in making healthier recipes, using good quality ingredients and reducing the consumption of animal products. And although I don’t call myself a strict vegan, I’m making an attempt one recipe at a time. I invite you to see some of my recipes at Sweet Cannela.