Nephews Birthday, Ott's in Voorhees, NJ, Gunther Memorial, Special Olympics team, Rams Lose to Redskins, Hillary Meme, Morning Joe turns 10, Rams Win Niners Thursday Night, Woofstock, Global Citizens Concert at Central Park...Week In Review

Yesterday sucked. I had a monster day and it was a Sunday. I had breakfast with my dad. I had the Gym and Yoga in the late AM. My nephews 6th birthday party was at the Magic Shop at 1PM and then I had the rams debacle of a loss at 430PM which was before the Gunther Memorial dinner and the Special Olympics event.

After my nephews birthday party with the magician, the day went really downhill. I was stuck at this horrible bar called Ott's in Voorhees, NJ trying to watch a game which is where I saw team lose. This place is the worst in every regard. I could hardly pay attention to the game because any vantage point to it in this place was so bad. It was so hard to watch the game and the food sucked. The people that work there and the people that go there are total losers that do not get out much, but anyway, then I had a little to do with someone at the benefit. Some dick was being condescending to my Special Olympic people and I snapped at him to shut it down (after letting it go a few times throughout the night (I had them complain to me about the guy)) which then made me feel bad about it later on last night.

Anyway, I have so much filing to do. I measured the height of it yesterday at 9". And, my cleaning people are coming today instead of tomorrow which means that filing will be pushed until at least after they come and go today.

Trump BTW, had another amateur hour tweet storm with one meme showing him in one shot hitting a golf ball. Then, they turn to another frame showing when Hillary fell on that airplane whenever back but they superimposed a golf ball to hit her back just at the second she fell. It was so stupid. It was so unnecessary. Joe Scarborough reminds us today that Trump even said to assassinate her during some speech. I cannot even believe that with all the crap going on today in this world (can you say North Korea), that is what he has to tweet out?

My day is all out of whack today.

And, the POTUS is speaking to the people in the UN today. 

Please do not embarrass us any more.
It is the tenth year anniversary of Morning Joe today. And, it is officially been proclaimed by Mayor Bill Diblasio on the show right now that it is 'Morning Joe Day' on this date in New York City!
The first show that i ever saw was on the day that Tim Russert died. I'll never forget me thinking who the hell are these people just having a conversation about Tim Russert. I never saw that before on any politically based news show. The fact is that I learned so much about Tim in that few minutes span of time, was probably in part what roped me in instantly. 
In memory of Tim Russert (1950-2008) moderator...
In memory of Tim Russert (1950-2008) moderator of 'Meet the Press" the longest running political show on US television (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Plus, the people on the panel looked shaken by the death. Everything seemed almost too real. I remember asking myself about this guy Mike Barnicle. I never heard of the guy before then and to see this normal everyday guy sitting there on TV with Joe Scarborough whom I had heard of before, but I never really watched Scarborough Country. Then enter Mika to offset Joe because I no doubt knew Joe is a Republican. 

I think what also happened to rope me in that fast is that when they went to a commercial, DJ Q played an ELO song from the Out Of The Blue album which was from the tour of my first concert I ever saw at a large venue. And then he played Learning to Fly by Tom Petty which I have a multi Platinum Award for that album. 

I then realized that Barnicle is a writer for the (Boston) Globe but what I noticed right away aside from the real aspect of the production, is how they delivered the content to its audience at that time. 

I then watched it again and remember too, this was in its infancy and it was right at the time when Facebook started to get real popular but at the same time, I personally was still learning the spirit of Facebook and how to even use it. My point is that back then, I would get my issues and opinions said on that show verbatim that second. Hell, one time, I commented on Joe's sweater and Mika repeated it (and Joe took it off to never see it again) the second after I posted it on the forum. 

The beauty of the show that continues to this day are the points and counterpoints. Joe is a true conservative republican. Mika is the quintessential Democratic and speaking of Mika, one of the best things I ever learned got out of the show was that I loved it when her father was onthe show. Her father (Zbigniew Brzezinski) must have been on soon after I started to watch that show and that dynamic alone was amazing. I learned so much about what went down while I was a kid literally summed up in minutes. He and the show in part inspired me to write my second book about world history which I hated world history. I hated social studies classes in high school. I would get tossed out of those classes every day because I called the teachers out on bullshitting us. Enter media people like Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes, Pat Buchanon, John Meachum and everyone of the guests that I learned about because of this show. We have Donny Deutsch. What other show can Donny Deustch be on other than Morning Joe and at the same time, I love it when he is on the show. Ironically and considering how he acts towards the POTUS today, I first noticed Donny on the Apprentice. I loved him on it. I remember him being astute and good at being a guest whatever they are called that helps out the contestants. Donny also had an excellent show on the USA Network. That was more of a derrivitive of his being on Morning Joe every week but that show is or was great. The actors in it are all amazing and story lines are priceless.

I had so much about everything that goes on daily and again, in world history that it became easy to correlate the Rams Football team history with true world history of things that actually happened.

Regardless, I have seen pretty much every episode since that day Tim Russert died.

What else?

I used to also get really angry on that Morning Joe forum. I would literally yell at them which is nutty to think of today because I will not engage anyone about anything any more (I won't even allow comments here). But I maintain that it is the best testament to the show. Everything felt so real. I felt like I was on the show. I felt like my viewpoints were either taken to or I was decimated on a daily basis. The fact is that someone was listening and it felt great. I never felt this way when it came to the news let alone politically based news. I would especially freak out at Nicole Wallace. I think I hated her before she left to do The View. I never saw the view unless I happened to be at the dentist office when it's been on that TV monitor (even though I seem to be at the dentist whenever the show called 'The Chew' is on). However, she did something with Andy Cohen. And, I saw another side of her that I cannot put my finger on but then she left The View. She starting showing back up on the show again. I think she started seeing both sides and buy then, everything the administration had done was known and is now accepted. Therefore, she could finally stop trying to defend what went down during the Bush Jr. and Dick Cheney admin (which she worked for Bush jr. for a bunch of years). Setting aside how they initially got into the office, those 8 years were bad and shady at best. Forget 9/11. Forget the 2008 finance crash. 

The laws that they enacted are to this day corrupt at best. And, the trickle everywhere effect was felt by everyone while the next POTUS spent however many years cleaning up those messes (which have since been reversed back with the new, new admin).

This has been such an odd week.

Sunday was whacked when all was said and done. Monday I was displaced for a few hours unexpectedly and then we had the Jewish Holiday dinners on Wednesday and Thursday pretty early too and not at sundown. I had to skip Yoga class Thursday night and Kickboxing Class Wednesday which sucked. I finally got to do Yoga again on Friday and now I am back on my normal schedule thank god. Thursday night I had to watch this crazy Ram game that they ended up winning but it was not pretty. Even though it was pretty in many ways (sick catches, Gurley had a big day, Goff played near perfectly, D made big plays, etc.), they somehow let up 39 points and literally cold have lost the game in the end. t was unreal. I dozed off only to be awaken by them getting back an onside kick of all things and again, luckily the D stepped up on that final set of downs. 
Image may contain: stadium
Now we have a week and half off from games but we do play the Cowboys in Dallas next Sunday on October 1st. 
No automatic alt text available.
Today is a huge day. I have early kickboxing class before Woofstock in Voorhees, NJ and then I head up to the Global Citizens show in Central Park, NYC.
No automatic alt text available.
The best thing that culminated this week is this latest contraption I bought to try to get the video and picture files from my GoPro has worked. I will be able to post all of that any minute now and I cannot wait to go through them all...Have a great week and stay in touch!