Joe Russo's Almost Dead with Oteil Burbridge, Phish at Dick's Sporting Goods Stadium, Wild Animal Sanctuary, Big Brother 19, DACA, tax reform, Harvey, Irma, North Korea, Rocky Mountains, Elk, Stanley Hotel, Ozoul Falls, Alberta Falls, Highest Peak and more in the Week In Review....

We have crept into September this past week. 

A shutdown looms as Congress comes back to work this week and it's going to be a hard week. It is especially going to be an incredibly hard month for the Trump organization. They are now pushing for Congress to does something with the DACA Act, on tax reform, on immigration and then they have to deal with the Houston aftermath to Hurricane Harvey issue and how Hurricane Irma is plowing through the Caribbean right now looking to hit Miami and many parts of Southern Florida by today and tomorrow. 

Oh my God and I didn't even mention the North Korea issue which is the most important issue but yet it's like 4th down the line even though they're threatening tests and we're threatening to retaliate. 

He also has to deal with the debt ceiling issue this month. 

He has since however kicked the can down the road on two of those major issues. He basically punted the DACA issue another few months after throwing Jeff Sessians under the bus by contradicting what he said hours before. He also pushed the debt ceiling hike almost three months to the new December 8th deadline. 

As for the DACA act, he is now pushing Congress to fix the Immigration Act along with them needing to include the border wall into it. He has like four sets of Engineers trying to design or come up with designs for the wall. I like that one he mentioned before that is powered by solar energy or that powers areas from or by solar energy.

Regardless I thought the shows were excellent. I got in last Thursday morning.
The Joe Russo's Almost Dead show at Red Rocks Amphitheatre was crazy. The music was intertwined and very hard to keep up with in a great way. It was fast and furious which was great. They even included a Harry Hood and a Bathtub Gin riff. I also got to see a sweet rainbow. 
Oteil Burbridge sat in on Bass the entire show. That Red Rocks show was totally sold out. It was packed too to the very top of the venue. It was an amazing night. We literally got a taste of everything. A rainbow. Some trippy rain at the end of the show because the raindrops off the lights looks so cool.

A wild set of music: Joe Russo's Almost Dead with Oteil Burbridge

Set One
Here Comes Sunshine >
Ruben And Cherise >
Mama Tried
New Speedway Boogie >
The Music Never Stopped Reprise >
Dancing In The Street > 
New Speedway Boogie Reprise 
Uncle John's Band Tease >
Box Of Rain 
He's Gone > 
New Speedway Boogie Reprise
Truckin' >
Born Cross-Eyed Jam

Band Introductions

Set Two
Jack Straw > 
Feel Like A Stranger > 
The Eleven Tease >
China Cat Sunflower > 
The Eleven >
The Wheel > 
There Is A Mountain > 
I Know You Rider > 
Greatest Story Ever Told > 
Morning Dew > 
Marco and Tom Duet >
Morning Dew

Joe Russo Thanks The Crowd/Band - Introductions including Dave Dreiwitz

Encore
Marco's Piano Interlude > - MB

And We Bid You Goodnight+ - OB with JR/TH/MB/SM

Joe Russo - Drums, Vocals
Marco Benevento - Keyboards, Vocals
Scott Metzger - Guitar, Vocals
Tom Hamilton - Guitar, Vocals
with
Oteil Burbridge - Bass, Vocals
Image result for joe russo's almost red rocks rain
Related image
Image result for joe russo's almost red rocks rain
Related image
They just announced two (2) Russo shows at the Fillmore in Philly on November 24th and 25th. I scored tix today just to make sure it's done. 
Image result for joe russos almost dead fillmore philly
We ate at Bijus before the show and that food was excellent:
Image result for bijus denver, co
Image result for bijus denver, co
Image result for bijus denver, co
I had the best time over the LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2017. 

The first show was great. It was intense. They played certain songs with piercing guitar sounds and they just got off to a great groove. It then had a spacey feel for much of the night. 

The most startling thing was the amount of Nitrous being sold in the parking lots and everywhere before, during I am sure and after the show. 

It was actually appalling. It was gross. It was annoying. 

The noise that tank makes when filling up balloons was so loud. It overrode anything you could hear in any given conversation. The vibe was nuts. This one dude I think thought I was trying to steal something from him when I merely tried to help him get control of his fanny pack because something was spilling down the entire front of his shirt. And, then onto that fanny pack that was clenched between his legs. He said something along the lines of 'what are you going to do?' I looked up to see that he was holding something way more important than having some fluids being spilled on his dick and losing whatever was in that pack if it fell to the ground. 

Which were 4 nitrous filled balloons. 

I was like go fuck yourself you gross loser. The second I saw it was a nitrous scumbag, I quickly walked away. It brought to the lot and to that scene just a horrible vibe day one. It was scary quite frankly because have you ever see those nitrous tank selling people? They are fucking gross looking. They remind me of crystal meth heads.Their skin is all course with that reddish tint like people that mow lawns all day. And/or because of the sun constantly hitting their skin. They also walk or borderline run fast around the entire area. They toss the tank under random people's cars to hide from people trying to bust them. It's a fucking mess. It needs to end. And, I can give 8 fux if anyone does nitrous or NO2, just don't be gross about it. And, don't be an asshole about it. And, don't have it in everyone's faces as you walk out of the venue. 

It is fun thing to do in a responsible way. I did a 70 pound tanks during the first set of some Super Bowl Party back in the 90's. It was great clean fun, but it was in a basement of the house. We of course finished the tank by halftime, but anyway, there is a way to have fun with it, this was so overwhelming and so over the top.

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - 09/02/2017
SET ONE
Blaze On
555
Breath and Burning
Theme From the Bottom
Free
Tube
Roggae
More

SET TWO
No Men in No Man's Land
Carini
Ghost
Harry Hood
Cavern

Encore:
The Horse
Silent in the Morning
Character Zero

We ate at Fire On the Mountain today. The sauces were excellent and they have an extensive veggie styled menu. 
Image result for denver fire on the mountain restaurant
Related image
The second night was great too but in a much different way than the first day. I think this show could have been my favorite however, I look at this a collective run of music. The fact is that in every place they could have stopped playing, they then played Walls for instance. After Wolfman's,  I totally thought they would be done Set One. They played Slave after Weekpaug when that set could have easily ended and then after the Lizards encore, they go into Antelope of all songs. 

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - 09/02/2017
SET ONE
Simple
Martian Monster
Reba
Sand
Crazy Sometimes
Limb By Limb
Wolfman's Brother
Walls Of The Cave

SET TWO
Everything's Right
Fuego
Steam
Chalk Dust Torture
Mike's Song
Winterqueen
What's the Use
Weekapaug Groove
Slave to the Traffic Light

ENCORE
The Lizards
Run Like an Antelope

Today, we ate the Bacon Social House. That place is excellent too. The Bloody Mary's were tasty and the Maryland Terrapins football team upset the no. 23 Texas Longhorn football team. We got to watch that game there while we ate brunch. The food was amazing. The fried green tomatoes are excellent. Not that I have had a lot of them in my life, but man have I had horrible ones (I wrote about the worst ones I ever had when I was in Western PA in July this summer). These had an amazing blend with a great peppery bite over a thin layer of crust on top of the tomato itself. The big mistake is people that fry the shit out of them and it's too much. It should blend easily with the tomato. These were great and I also had some tasty french toast ensemble they made for me.
Image result for denver  bacon social house restaurant
Related image
Related image
Sunday was yet another amazing day. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch and the show was great. 

Honestly, everything went rather perfect over the last weekend. The food places my phriends took me too were all top notch. The shows were so much phun. It was a great weekend.

Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - 09/03/2017

SET ONE
Buffalo Bill
The Moma Dance
Birds of a Feather
Sugar Shack
Most Events Aren't Planned
Back on the Train
Leaves
The Wedge
46 Days
Bathtub Gin

SET TWO
Down with Disease
Light
Rise/Come Together
Piper
Meatstick
2001
Possum
Suzy Greenberg

ENCORE
Waste
First Tube

I'm now in Estes Park setting myself up for some hikes today. I'm just waiting to see if my friend is going to come up with the dog because if that's the case, I'm going to do an easier hike today. I'm definitely going to hit some waterfalls to get some positive ions in my face. And then I think I'm going to go to one of the highest peaks to then check out the Continental Divide.

This was a great day. 

I cannot get the GoPro footage yet but I will post that all this week when I get the cord this week. I need an adaptor which will get here by mid week.

I was face to face with an elk.
Image may contain: outdoor and nature
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree, outdoor and nature
We also got to see two different gangs of elk with the lone male overseeing his gang of female elks. It is wild how he boxes the females in when they think about straying away. At the same time, the female elks would be mince prey wise if it were not for the elk that uses its antlers to fuck things up. 

Regardless, I cannot wait to get the GoPro footage that I have of the first set of elk we saw up at like 10K feet on the side of the mountain.
Image may contain: outdoor and nature
Image may contain: sky, grass, outdoor and nature
We did make it out to Alberta Falls in the Glacier Basin region.
We then hiked over to Bear Lake.
Then, we went up to the highest point on that range. I was out left hung to dry at least 12,090 feet and I know we walked up higher than that altitude. We saw shears of glaciers that I could have touched (and we could have had it crush us if it slipped). The only real negative issue was the haze from the fires believe it or not, that were happening in Wyoming and/or in Montana. Plus, it was cold up there. Not freezing cold but it was noticeably cold. I was also out of breathe. It was hard to breathe all week quite frankly. You can hear me huffing walking up the side. We left the tree line at about 10K feet I bet. This is by far one of the hardest ranges I have ever been on and I had no clue. I thought Utah was rougher but from what I gather about the Rockies, is that not a lot of it is doable by mankind. I cannot see how anyone could walk up or over or through certain areas of this range. It is hard. It is rugged. And, it is high up. 

I took all of that for granted.
Related image
Image result for alpine visitor center rocky mountain park
Image result for highest point rocky mountain park
Image result for highest point rocky mountain park
Related image
Image result for highest point rocky mountain park
Again, gimme a few days to post the content from the GoPro and from what I took this week. Its great stuff. I just cannot get to it right now.

We went to the Estes Park Brewery for dinner and man did that place suck. For some reason, I ordered pizza. Not for some random reason, some woman in the parking lot saw me taking pictures of the front of the Brewery, and she said it was the best pizza in town. Which I guess in a town like Estes Park, the bar is not exactly that high but man did that pizza suck. Pizza Hut and/or Dominos was probably as good if not better than the pizza made at this place. Made. Did I say made? I have to assume it's a pre made frozen pizza system in that place.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, hat and outdoor
I drove back down the hill on Wednesday to meet a couple friends for lunch. That lunch was amazing. I had this sick Po Boy with sweet potato fries. I do not think I have had a Po Boy since 1987. We then drove out to the Wild Animal Sanctuary.
Image result for wild animal sanctuary keenesburg
Image result for wild animal sanctuary keenesburg
Related image
Image result for wild animal sanctuary keenesburg
Image result for wild animal sanctuary keenesburg
Again, I do not have any footage available today but I have a shit ton of it that I will post this week.

I cannot wait to do it.

Then, Wednesday night sucked. I drove back up the hill to meet some woman for a so called date. I met her at the Stanley Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel. It was a nightmare. It was a total nightmare that I will not even get into but at the very least and mostly depending on how you look at it, I did get to see the Stanley.
Image result for estes park stanley hotel
Image result for estes park stanley hotel
Image result for estes park stanley hotel
Related image
Related image
Related image
Image result for estes park stanley hotel
Image result for estes park stanley hotel
Image result for estes park stanley bar
Related image
The fucking chick bought a $47 steak. I am not even talking about it again besides to say how much she misrepresented herself and considering how much of a kook this woman is in real life. Holy cow is this person nuts but whatever, I learned the hard way. I realize it is why I do not date per se because honestly, I would have rather have spent $80 bux on myself set at the bar and then I wish I would have thrown the other $70 bux spent over my shoulder or better yet, I would have rather have bought any other random people $70 worth of drink or food. I am not getting into what went down the rest of the night but it was awful. It was awful.

Thursday, I drove to the Wild Basin area of the park, and then I hiked to Ouzel Falls.
Image result for ouzel falls rocky mountain park
Image result for ouzel falls rocky mountain park
Image result for ouzel falls rocky mountain park
Related image
Related image
Related image
I will also post the GoPro footage of this walk later on this week.

The walk back was so much faster than the walk up and so I stopped by my phriends place en route to the car rental agency (to return my vehicle), I just really wanted to thank him for his part in my monumental and near perfect week. 

Even the so called blemish BTW, with the woman was and will prove to be hilarious fodder for years to come. Because man if I could tell you the nuances of what went down, I would. You would never believe it and at least I can show my friends the dialogue via text. Which I already did of course. I was duped basically. That is all I am gonna say and no she was not a man. It is not that far off the beaten track. It was just a nightmare situation that I got myself into while spending a $150 for no reason. 

But then again, if I did not know what I did, I would have always had wondered but let's be real, that would be short lived so it was a bust of all busts let's just say. 

It was an embarrassment quite frankly. That is mostly why I want to just forget about it.

Anyway, my flight home was easy. I had a sweet veggie burger with grilled onions piled on and I drank two fat tires before I went to the gate to settle in on the plane. The flight like I said was so easy. My car was there in minutes as I got through baggage in minutes. I did not have to wait for 8 seconds. I got home fine. I could not wait to see Ocelot. 

H did knock down the Worcester Phish poster.
I was a bit amped tonight and so I watched the last four episodes of Big Brother 19. I am all caught up there. I am not sure what to really say about it because it is getting to the very end of it all. That also crept on me. Obviously, Paul is the top player this year by leaps and bounds without anyone being close. Alex is right behind him, however, she almost got nabbed in a huge lie or two which leaves her vulnerable. Though I think its by her now but that last one was close and now that I just alluded to it, it is not even her that creates her minor messes. It is Jason. She is lucky Jason did not sing. That brings me to Jason because he is third to me right now. Josh is a non entity. He makes pretend he has some big say in what goes down in the house and it is delusion at its best. Christmas is being lowered because of that affiliation. He is weakening her game even though they are fine for now. 

Overall, it is going to start to come to down to the person that wins because everyone is sitting pretty (aside for Kevin that is the other non entity player this year). 

Did I miss anyone besides Kevin and Raven although Raven just got eliminated so scratch her off that list. 

That leaves the five remaining players. 

They are good players. They all won some competitions and they all have a decent social game. I think these five getting this far is not surprising to me. Setting aside Josh and Kevin which both of them will be next to go unless these dumb asses find some way to get Alex and/or Paul out.

Which I just doubt they could do. Paul would have to really drop the ball and take his eye off the ball for that to happen and he has been so on it all year, it would be a real blunder for him to falter at any time from now and/or to the end.

I am watching an odd movie today while I try to get some work done. Movie 43. It has so many great actors in it but it is so goofy. They are all great sports too. 
Image result for movie 43
I also watched The Layover but I fell asleep at some point today missing the mid to end of it. I love that chick in it that is from San Andreas and that is also in the new Baywatch. She has one of the sickest bodies on this planet. And, I say that while she acts next to Kate Upton. Another chick with a sick bod. 
Image result for the layover movie
I will be watching Power because my brother loves it. I am gonna watch WindRiver and Logan Lucky when I am done working today and tomorrow night accordingly. 

And, then all I can say is that its game day. The Rams not only play Indy at 4PM my time today, they also play on national and local TV. I do not even have to leave my house tomorrow afternoon. I am thrilled by that and speaking of the Rams, Aaron Donald ended his holdout today. That went down just after I posted the Los Angeles Weekly today.

The Rams ended up winning big 46-9. They did a bunch of everything today. This is what we need to do to send that message throughout the league. 

It is gonna be a fun year!

I am glad to be back even though I am so not into working. I did crank today (Sunday) and I will be rolling back on schedule after my efforts are done tomorrow. I feel like everything is in total control. 

I did have a great week away which BTW, I have not been gone this long in like 20 years. I can't even remember me ever taking more than 5 days off or a few days away from home ever since I moved back east. 

I'll have to do that more often. Later and stay in touch....