Real Time Recap

OKdokee. Its time for the show tonight after this very long week. I have NOT seen Vice yet for whatever that is worth and whatever it means, but I will watch it tomorrow. 
Two of my favorite humans are on the show tonight. His guests are with Judith Miller, Neera Tanden, Jon Meacham, Michelle Caruso-Cabrera and Clay Aiken and as many of you know about me, John Meacham is an inspiration to me and was why in part, I wrote my books. And Neera's organization is a partner of mine at SAN (Sustainable Action Network). I push her live things ande everything her organization does every day. I have for years now but oi, that pool boy joke about Hilary (Clinton) and Marco Rubio is rather racey but anyway, he (Marco Rubio) did join the race this week. That next joke is hilarious about him saying the word 'yesterday' 18 times in his speech to launch his campaign which Bil says that yesterday is indeed over now. Well duh. Bill said it was deep man which is better than my duh response. And, Bill brings up the best points about him and that GOP. Which is that they are all talking a mean game today about equality and surging ahead with new ideals when in reality, they are only about things that would make us digress in our lives and in this society. Their stances are so antiquated and what they vote on while what they do in real life is so different than what they say in a speech or in interviews. That is the nicest way for me too say how much they lie but yeah, what is next? 

Oh Chris Christie being in New Hampshire talking about raising the retirement age and cutting social security benefits while talking to a bunch of old white people is a great point but it just before the low blow about him not being able to see his balls in decades. Even though he is indeed ballsy for saying that to those people. 

I forgot it was tax day this week. Isn't it crazy though how Hilary eating at Chipolte got the brunt of the news that day? That was also the day of protesting for a higher wage. I never eat at fast food places. I never ate at Chipolte. 

Another story that did not make the news in a big way is how Congress wants to get rid of the Inheritance tax on the super rich out there and yet the guy that landed on the capital lawn that wants to get the money out of politics was the one that is 'looked at as a nut.' That is the other thing, how many people does that tax effect? Twenty Four farmers paid it in 2013 which is 4 more people than have been to the moon and as Bill just said about that number of people, there are more people in the Wu Tang Clan

Is the 'I am not serving gay people' movement really gaining steam or is that we can see it more and more in today's 24/7 media cycle? Honestly, aside from that pizza place wherever that did not want to serve gay people, I had not heard that happening since then. Evidently, a car repair shop with a Christian owner refused to work on a gay persons car. That is crazy. I cannot believe people act this way. 

Bill is now touching into the story about the cop in Arizona that took down the guy in his car and then of course, he is now discussing the Paul Blart pseudo cop that shot that guy instead of tazing him. 

And, what? A pill that gives one en erection when its under a blue light? That is also very odd. 

Anyway, it is time for the Judith Miller segment and interview. 

Bill now presses journalist Judith Miller on the credibility of her reporting in the days leading up to the 2003 Iraq invasion

I am not sure if I know who Judith miller is besides what is being talked about now. I know she is a reporter obviously and I know her beat was in Iraq. I am actually psyched to hear what she says about the Iran Nuclear deal which is not much. They hardly even talked about it. 

I just heard she writes for the Wall Street Journal. Some of her readers are dumb asses because they somehow believed her when she sarcastically stated that it was all her that took us into war in Iraq. She is quite funny. And, she did write some more ballsy and sarcastic things for being a writer for the Wall Street Journal. She dug into Dick Cheney and George Bush Jr. (and his dad) about that war and entering into it. Or, maybe not. She may have been pro Bush Jr & pro Cheney. She is blaming entering into that war was/is because of bad intelligence but who's fault is that (for listening to it)? I know today and this day and age they would absolutely blame that same thing on President Blackenstein (Obama). They blame Obama for everything that happens in the world today. 

And, I agree, there were plenty of people against us going into that Iraq war. No one at the top level listened and moreover, they painted us out to be people that knew nothing about the Middle East. Even I wrote about that in 2004 and even I wrote about where the issue lied back in 2004 (in my first book, Three Weeks In June). 

Honestly, I do NOT think this is a great country. I think this country is built on being corrupt and its built on lies (along with militarization, guns and the criminal justice system but we do have the best entertainment production in the world). The last thing we are is great as a country. And, the reasons they got it so wrong is also written in my first book. It was willful neglect more than people getting it wrong per se. They wanted to believe what they were fed. They planted it that way. Even Rachel Maddow's documentary (Hubris) proved that in the end.

Anyway, it is panel time. 

I also forgot to admit or say that I had first heard of John Meacham and Neera Tanden because of this show. I first saw them on this show years ago. 

And, oh yeah. Good point Mr. Bill about the Bush and Clinton dynasty's. They (GOP and everyone) compare them two but they could not be further a part in real life. Think about it and think about bill's point here. The Bush's inherited their so called dynasty and the Clinton's built it on their own. Plus, when (Bill) Clinton left his spot as the POTUS which again, is also in my first book (LOL), we had a surplus with the country thriving in many ways (not that i was into them but the country was doing well). Conversly, after every Bush left their positions as POTUS, our country was/were at the lowest points almost ever in one case (they left us in or at war every time and at a $4.3 Trillion debt). 

Think about it. 

And, they (Bush Jr./Cheney) worked from being high up too because again, after Bill Clinton was done at being POTUS, we had a surplus in America before Bush Jr. took that positive to make that a huge deficit and very bad negative economy. 

Hilary is being pushed though, way to the left. I agree with Meacham. They are not dynasty's. They are brands. They are all brands if you will. 

Lets talk about the GOP and how they are all now running on that they have to beat Hilary platform. 

Marco calls her old and from 'yesterday.' yet, Marco is the candidate that has stale and old ideas. They (GOP) all do. 

Even Rand does even though he says some things that are progressive in ways. I guess he is with regard to what he says about the criminal justice systems and about not going into wars but also, Hilary is against medical marijuana. Hilary was also against the gay thing until this week when she evolved on it. 

Meacham said another great point which he reconfirms what i was saying in so many words. Elections are generally not about the past. They are about what people think whomever the candidate is will do in the future. That is why the rhetoric today. 

About Rand, I am with Bill in that I like half of Rand Paul. I say that in so many words all of the time and I have for many years. Did he really speak this last week in front of an air craft carrier? That is also very odd and/or hypocritical as far as his messaging. Because I firmly believe that everyone should act real. Instead, they pander to the base and to where they are speaking at that time. They are all (GOP and dem's) guilty of acting that way. 

The GOP cannot run on much these days. They can't run on the economy. They can't run to be against Obamacare any more. They cannot run on unemployment issues today. They can't use the gay thing any more. They really can't stand on much. 

Oh. I guess its 4/20 this weekend which this is my first 4/20 since I stopped smoking last year. Here is this segment about how it should be a real holiday:
Did you hear something? That was funny. 'Twas the Night Before 4/20'. Like I said above here, Bill petitions Congress to create a National Weed Day and performs a reading of “Twas the Night Before 4/20.” Sign the petition here: http://itsh.bo/420Day
Clay Aiken is on now getting an apology from Bill for the jokes made on the show when he was running as a candidate. I like Clay Aiken a lot. I loved him on the Apprentice. Or, I got to know him for real when he was on that show. I never saw American Idol. 

Also, I don't really know much about Art Pope and I certainly had no clue he fired whomever at North Carolina (University) and/or that he is just as bad or worse then say how the Koch brothers deal in Politics today (as far buying elections and buying candidacy's). 

Bill is giving Clay hell about NOT standing up for or with Obama. Clay says that there are plenty of things that he agrees with him (Obama) on and he does he say that there are things that he did not agree with Obama. Clay does a great job just now of being real and by saying to Bill that he was in North Carolina. And, that North Carolina GOP'ers are great at demonizing other people. He even says that he was just not in that great of a position to do what he wanted 24/7 considering that he was running as a first time candidate and as an ex-American Idol Contestant. He then says that he had to keep people at the table so to speak. 

I can see his point. I am not exactly into it but I can totally see it as being probably a smart strategy at that time. 

Bill also just said that he never saw (American) Idol. Me neither. I never saw one or any of them. 

Lets talk about money in politics. 

Because no one did talk about the Gyrocopter guys reasoning for landing on the capital lawn and even I was guilty of talking about how all that he did was bring us more awareness that our Homeland security has holes and how the secret Service allows too many things to happen at the White House and at the Capital Building (and anywhere if you consider their partying and falling asleep on the job stories about them).

As for being an effective politician today, I could never be asking people for money. I hate asking people for money. I would rather not eat which is what i do. He admits how hard it is to not offend people that give them (Politicians) money. It makes total sense that if whomever gives whatever amount of money to a candidate, that they would want something back for it. It is that way for right and left but the right wingers have more money than the left wingers today. Or, not more money, but they love to spend it that way more than the left has been willing to do over the years. 

Oh yeah. I heard about that weird bill in Kansas that does not allow you to spend your welfare money at places like at strip clubs to lingerie stores to spas and of course on Cruises, etc. etc. etc....which yeah. That is where people on welfare are spending their money. 

Yet, as Clay just states, you can still buy guns with it. 

I think they forgot to mention that you cannot buy Filet Mignon or maybe its steak using it either. I am pretty sure that is in that bill too. 

I do NOT agree with privatizing Social Security. I hate privatization and its ONLY because the private companies do NOT deserve it. They blow it all of the time and until Corporations are not people too my friends, it will stay corrupt. 

They could enact a bill to put a moral clause in that part of the 14th Amendment that makes Corporations Individuals. But they won't because then they can't act immorally which BTW, if Coporations are People too my friends, people have feelings. People have morals. Corporations should then too. They should act that way then. 

I will tell you folks, that Neera is great. I am so glad she is on the show this week. She gets to respond to Michelle Caruso-Cabrera because if not, what Michelle says some times, would stay in the air. Plus, she (Neera Tandendoes it so well. She is the best. It does not sound condescending or like she is attacking in any way

Wow. Fast show. 

It is time to go to New Rules. 

And so someone left a kid in the Cheetah pit at the zoo and what do you have to do to get fired from the gig? Like Bill says now, you could be a cop with that much job security. 

I did not see that Kim Jong-un baby pic until now, nor have I seen that cat picture of whether it is walking up or down the steps and I did not hear that the Fox news woman said that Hilary ate at Chipolte to cater to the Spanish vote. But the jokes surrounding that one are great. She can't go to In and Out because of her husband. She can't go to Panda Express because she would be deemed as not being tough enough on China. She can't go to Chic File because she would have flip flopped on gay marriage. She can't go to Dunkin Donuts because she would be sympathising with violent cops. She can't go to Dairy Queen because it sounds too much like welfare queen. And, in his editorial New Rule, Bill Maher honors Earth Day by dispelling several right-wing Zombie Lies, i.e., political statements that are definitively wrong, yet refuse to die. 

Regardless of it all this long week, Please Stay In Touch!