• Melo Trimble scored a career-high 32 points on 12-for-17 shooting, and No. 23 Maryland strengthened its position in the Big Ten with a 74-64 victory over Northwestern on Wednesday night. Anthony Cowan added 13 points and Damonte Dodd had 12 as Maryland moved into a tie with Purdue and Wisconsin for first place in the conference.
• Junior guard Melo Trimble notched his 24th double-figure scoring performance of the season at Northwestern. It was also the Upper Marlboro, Md., native’s 11th game with 20 or more points this season. With 32 points against the Wildcats, Trimble became only the 11th Terrapin to record 30 or more points three times in his career. He also passed Lonny Baxter for 10th all-time in career 20-point games with 29 on Wednesday.
• Since joining the Big Ten Conference for the 2014-15 season, Maryland leads all conference schools with a .793 winning percentage. The Terps are 77-20 overall, including a 36-13 mark in league play. Wisconsin ranks second behind the Terps in winning percentage since 2014-15 at .784 (80-22).
• Maryland is 7-1 in road games this season and 10-1 in contests away from XFINITY Center. Melo Trimble leads the Terps on the road with a team-best 17.0 points per road game. Freshman Justin Jackson is posting 14.5 points and a team-high 76. rebounds per road game. He is shooting .607(17-for-28) from beyond arc and .526 (41-for-78) from the floor. Maryland’s freshman trio of Jackson, Anthony Cowan and Kevin Huerter have combined to average 33.9 points, 16.1 rebounds and 8.6 assists per game in road games in the 2016-17 season.
• Melo Trimble hit a game-winning three-pointer with 1.2 seconds left to give Maryland a 63-60 win at Wisconsin on Jan. 9, 2016 the last time the Terps visited the Badgers in Madision. Trimble finished with 21 points. Wisconsin handed the Terps their lone loss at XFINITY Center last season on Feb. 13.
|FG Pct. Defense||.404||.404|
|3FG Pct. Defense||.321||.366|