Thursday, April 30, 2015
Unconventional launch for unconventional candidate: Sanders 2016
There were no “Bernie 2016!” placards, no cheering masses, no carefully curated Americana-themed campaign song selections here at the Capitol Thursday when Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., announced his intention to seek the Democratic nomination for president in 2016.
Colombian Journalist Wins Courage Award After Kidnapping, Torture and Rape While Covering Arms Trade
|Prying Open Government: The Sunlight Foundation's Fight for Transparency|
|"History Is Finally Moving On": Tom Hayden on Thawing of U.S.-Cuba Relations Despite GOP Opposition|
|U.S. Economy Ekes Out 0.2 Percent Growth Rate in First Quarter|
|History Repeats? Activist Tom Hayden on Police Brutality Protests from the 1960s to Baltimore|
|Iraqi Activist Describes "Massacres Left and Right" as Civil Society Resists Takeover by ISIS|
- Colombian Journalist Wins Courage Award After Kidnapping, Torture and Rape While Covering Arms Trade
- Rep. Alan Grayson on TPP: The Element of Deception Looms so Large Here
- "The First Great Debate": Esquire Magazine Praises Democracy Now! Segment on Clinton Candidacy
- Special Delivery for the Plutocrats
- 'Democracy Now!' host Amy Goodman to speak at Colorado College
- Toby Rogers
- Jesse Jackson: Baltimore Police Came as 'Occupying Force, Not as Neighbors'
- She defied every Afghan who didn't want to see her fly
- Friday funny - or not. Guardian and BBC go abhorrent on fossil fuel divestment
- Tabassum Adnan: Dedicate her Secretary of State Award to all women
Having just completed a careful study of nearly a dozen different sexual styles, (Sexual Styles: A Guide to Understanding Your Lover's Personality, Humanics, 1998), John Berecz now applies this same analysis to the sexual lives of the last ten American Presidents; not from the viewpoint of an historian or tabloid journalist but as a clinical psychologist. From the silhouette of our personality style emerges our sexual style; through careful analysis of the personality styles and especially in their relationships with women, All The Presidents' Women probes the past and present inhabitants of the world's most powerful office - with surprising results. From President Truman through Bill Clinton, Berecz provides a fascinating investigation into the lives, loves and motivations of these influential men. With depth and clarity, All The Presidents' Women presents answers to questions such as: Did Bess Truman henpeck her husband Harry? Was Jack Kennedy a wildly promiscuous playboy, or did he just have a great capacity to love lots of women? Was Lyndon Johnson indeed crude, or was he putting on a "wild-west" sideshow? Did Nixon's paranoia extend beyond the press corps and other politicians and was he suspicious of everyone? All the Presidents' Women will engender new understanding of our presidents' personalities, their sexual styles and the women they have loved.
- Hillary Clinton Calls Henry Kissinger a Friend, Praises His Commitment to Democracy
- How Many Presidents Visited All 50 States Before Leaving Office?
- Hillary Clinton's biggest obstacle: the historical odds?
- Hillary's Brothers Unlike Any Others
- For Better Or Worse, Clinton Is Likely Stuck Running For Obama's Third Term
- The Iron Lady
- Hillary Clinton's lessons from Richard Nixon: What his winning 1968 race can teach her about image and comebacks
- Secrets of the White House revealed
- Episodes 7 & 8: A Change in the Weather
- Hillary Clinton's Real Problem May be Barack Obama