Recipe Of The Week: Pistachio Almond Tofu

Ground pistachios and almonds give this tofu extra flavor and a delightful crunchy coating. You can have this nutty tofu as an entree for dinner, put it in a sandwich, or use it to top a salad -- it's super versatile!

PISTACHIO ALMOND TOFU [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]

INGREDIENTS

PREPARATION

  1. Press the tofu for as long as you have time for. Cut into 4 pieces.
  2. Grind the pistachio nuts in a food processor just until they are crumbs. Pour them onto a plate and mix with the almond meal.
  3. Whisk the chickpea flour egg in a shallow bowl.
  4. Dredge the tofu in the chickpea flour egg and shake off the excess. Press the tofu onto the pistachio/almond meal mixture and coat well.
  5. Cook on the stovetop in a nonstick pan or bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS


almondNuts / SeedsPistachioTofu

AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS


photo
To be vegan is to embrace a lifestyle that acknowledges, in the words of Dr. Schweitzer, “a reverance for all life.”I am vegan and I am a wife, mom and yogi. We are living a vegan lifestyle for our health, the health and welfare of the animals, and that of the planet. Our veganism stretches beyond our diet and we consciously avoid animal products as much as possible in our clothing (e.g., wool, duck down, leather, silk), cosmetics, etc.Yes, it is a challenge to be vegan, but it makes life so enjoyable that it is a challenge worth taking on! It makes cooking fun and gets my creative juices flowing. In fact, everyone who joins us for a meal leaves fully satisfied and with a handful of recipes. We have inspired many of our friends and family to think about what they are eating. All of my recipes are easy. E A S Y. If they weren’t, I would not be in the kitchen at all! I am a busy wife, mom and yoga teacher. So I prep ahead and use fresh, organic ingredients (when possible). And, almost all of the dishes I make take less than half an hour.I hold a Certificate in Plant Based Nutrition from eCornell and I am the first to graduate from Rouxbe.com as a Certified Plant-Based Professional. Check out my website at lisasprojectvegan.com