Allow our friend & Hero (David Pond) to adopt Pablo, his military working dog!

ONLY 13,000 more signatures for us to reach 150K! Good Job!
Message From David Pond: I respectfully request your support in my efforts to adopt my military working dog, Pablo (his ID is L522). Pablo and I spent seven months together conducting combat operations in AfghanistanWe share a strong bond, and I believe his presence would aid my recovery from post-traumatic stress disorder and a traumatic brain injury.
While serving in the United States Marine Corps, I was honorably selected by a board of my superiors to become a military working dog handler. My partner was a dog named Pablo. Pablo came with me on my second deployment to AfghanistanOur job was to ensure the safety of all the Marines entrusted in our care.
Pablo and I endured countless enemy engagements and multiple improvised explosive device finds. For our actions in Afghanistan, I was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with a Combat Distinguishing Device for Valor.
After my service ended, I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and a traumatic brain injury. Three years after these diagnoses, I finally admitted that I needed help. After  more than a year of psychotherapy and a regiment of medications, I feel I have come to a plateau. This is why I feel that being reunited with Pablo would be the best thing for me. Our bond and the experience we share will help me make progress in my recovery and find happiness once again.

LETTER TO: 
United States Marine Corps

I respectfully request your support in my efforts to adopt my military working dog, Pablo (his ID is L522). Pablo and I spent seven months together conducting combat operations in Afghanistan. We share a strong bond, and I believe his presence would aid my recovery from post-traumatic stress disorder and a traumatic brain injury.

While serving in the United States Marine Corps, I was honorably selected by a board of my superiors to become a military working dog handler. My partner was a dog named Pablo. Pablo came with me on my second deployment to Afghanistan. Our job was to ensure the safety of all the Marines entrusted in my care.


Pablo and I endured countless enemy engagements and multiple improvised explosive device finds. For our actions in Afghanistan, I was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal with a Combat Distinguishing Device for Valor.


After my service ended, I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and a traumatic brain injury. Three years after these diagnoses, I finally admitted that I needed help. After more than a year of psychotherapy and a regiment of medications, I feel I have come to a plateau. This is why I feel that being reunited with Pablo would be the best thing for me. Our bond and the experience we share will help me make progress in my recovery and find happiness once again.