Real Time (with Bill Maher) Update From Friday Night!

First off, have you seen this weeks VICE which Bill (Maher) is the executive producer of because everyone that does blow, must know that it helps fund terrorism (I tuned out that part of the show with the C-Section births because ya know, I just do NOT need to see that segment) but anyway, this has got to be one of those hard and rough weeks for the writers at Real Time to find jokes. Besides ones about how say Iran is an enemy of ours within the country of Yemen and yet they are not within a country like Iraq and that they are both our enemy and our ally in a country like Syria, but after this crazy week of current events, that confusion is maybe the only thing I can think of off the top of my head to joke about on the show tonight. Lets get into the show though. Lets see whom is on it too because again, what a week. What a week.

And Oh Jeez. We have panelists S.E. Cupp, Zachary Quinto and former Rep. Barney Frank to discuss what i just said could be the only things we laugh about (not really but you know what I mean) on the same panel. This is going to be fun tonight. And, also wow. Bill speaks with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee about his political aspirations and his new book, "God, Guns, Grits and Gravy.". Then we have that Professor Jay Famiglietti on later in the show I guess. 


Guest List: March 27, 2015


OK. here we go tonight. This is going to hard to get through I bet. I have not seen much of S.E. Cupp lately although I catch glimpses of her tweets which the ones I have seen over the last however months, have been pretty tame. I have never seen her on that show she jumped to after leaving that Soup or not the Soup show. The Cycle. Which is like the soup or that's giving The Soup a bad name but I am not quite sure what the Cycle is without an SE Cupp on it, but as most of you know about me and that show, I am not a fan of it. Which ironically though, I do love Ari Berman and I have this allegiance to Crystal Ball since she was/is one of the first hot Left Wingers I ever saw on TV. Therefore, I have to give that to her. But yeah, I cannot stand that daughter of whomever and whatever politician (I know who it is, but i don't care to mention the name) and Toure' is pompous (the name alone is telling) to me but I want to like the guy. Whatever about me and that show. Lets see what Bill has to say in this monologue that should be hard to get through over the next few minutes.

No standing ovation this week or maybe they are standing up. I can't tell. Lots of yahoos yelling Bill's name but I forgot that the Ted Cruz just announing his run for the GOP primary happened just this week. First In. Finally. Someone mentions that he (Ted Cruz) was not really born in America. Which of course is the main difference between his roll out and Obama's initial roll out (Two years in senate, etc.). I totally forgot about him announcing this on Monday. That was the day he mentions that he will be repealing Obamacare the day before he signed him and his family up for it. I caught wind of that Religion law in Gary, Indiana that was being enacted this week. I read it quickly but I never really paid attention to it. I just do NOT need to be in Gary, Indiana ever so its a mute issue for the likes of me. I think Bill is saying that its about not allowing gay people maybe, in restaurant's. Oh man. The only possible joke I can laugh at about is what Bill just said in that we used to worry about pilots being drunk and now we have to worry about them being in good moods. And, that him eating a pint of Hagen Daas is a total sign to look out for mood wise because after all, I think I read or heard that this co pilot was broken up with by his girlfriend this week or lately i should say. But that does not give anyone the opened invite to murder 150 people. If you want to kill yourself, I do NOT condone it whatsoever or ever in this life, but shit man, do it to yourself please. Do NOT include anyone else. That's not cool. Also, i had no idea Chris Christy spoke up against legalizing marijuana which I guess is no real surprise even though he is against the trend in America so it may be a bad calculation for him to take that stance in a platform. I don't smoke anymore but at least he won't be the Governor of new jersey for that much longer. But yeah, he is against smoking pot for health reasons and yet he is so over weight. Bill now mentions the DEA controversy and how the secret Service people were pissed that were never invited to the parties. Funny. 


That was quick. Or, it seemed quick.


Anyway, Mike Huckabee is on now to do the initial interview tonight. They discuss using profanity. I missed the joke that Mike (Huckabee) is laughing at. Damn. I happen to not care about words unless there are certain disrespect towards people. I agree that people should be responsible but overall, I can care less about words used to describe an issue. I don't like words used against people. BTW, Huckabee's numbers are good so far in the GOP race and I had no clue that he (Mike) Huckabee lost over 100 pounds. He looks great today and again, I would have never known that about him. His book is not that new. This book had been out for a while. The book is about him wanting America to remember basically that there is a world outside of NYC and LA so to speak. I feel that it works both ways. We get influenced because of the MidWest. Many laws in place are because of middle America. I just think new York and Los Angeles (Hollywood if you will) are louder in that they produce things on TV and on Film. I will say that (Mike) Huckabee is a great sport. Bill always mentions how he plays these cities in the south and in the Midwest selling out the venues plays at live, and he then states that (Mike) Huckabee won those states in the elctions he was in. Huckabee's response is how smart the people are in those cities Bill railed off just now. That was hilarious. They discuss the bubbles and Bill has said i think many times in that there are bubbles both ways. There people in that bubble like me that think or though that people do the right things in life. I was shell shocked after or during the last two elections. And, there are bubbles on that right side of the aisle where they probably can't believe there are people like me out there. Good for Bill BTW to say why do you want to kill ducks but Mike does reply to say that he wants to eat them. I can't really say that much against it even though I would never kill anything. At least they are hunting for the sake of hunting and killing is what I mean. I also did not know that he (Mike Huckabee) and (Bill) Clinton were born in the same town. 


Good Segment with Huckabee.


Panel Time and yes, he (Mike Huckabee) is a nice person. That is what i meant by saying the above sentence. We do NOT agree with much but I can't condemn anyone for being real while at the same time, for being nice to people. 


And, so this guy in the middle is from that TV show entitled The Slap? Ids that what Bill just said because I had written about that weeks ago calling that subject matter horrible for TV, let alone in general. I would never allow anyone hit my kid (I mean if i had kids but anyway). And, again, that subject matter is down right awful in general, let alone for TV. If he is not from that show The Slap, forget what i said here. Some times it is hard for me to keep with this show and with Morning Joe's show(s). I guess he (Zachary Quinto) is Spock too even though i have not seen any of the new Star Trek's but i do recognize him now that I see his face.


You know something here. Why do these candidates go for  the Evangelical vote? That went out in the 50's. What S.E. says about having to tread down that middle lines is also age old. Actually, Barney frank makes a great point about why. It is because that even though those people do NOT matter on the broad scheme of life (general elections), that they are indeed who does vote in that GOP Primary. I agree that we will need some progressives to run against Hilary in that other primary which there is with Bernie Saunders. I missed the CBS show about what music he listens to this week. That is hilarious in saying that after 9/11 in 2001, that rock music did not respond to it well and yet Country music did? What the hell is that all about? He said that these are my people. That is brilliant stuff. And, oh yeah. the pop and rock music world did have huge events after the 9/11 tragedy and that attracted way more people than country music artists could attract on good day. Thats another huge miscalculation made by a GOP candidate. Don't they know by saying that they do nbot want to legalize or decriminalize pot issues and that by saying Country music fans ae the end all be all sets of people are to a small group today. That makes no sense and who are these peoples marketing team? But that America: A Tribute to all Heros concert raised tens of millions of dollars with performances by the top pop and rock music artists on the planet (U2, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Tom Petty, JBJ, Pearl Jam, etc. etc. etc.).


That is what I mean by being in that bubble although again, alienated one self that way is just stupid politicking. 


Then,later on that fall in 2001, Paul McCartney had his concert for New York on October 21st that year which again, raised mega millions of dollars with The Who, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John David Bowie and more rock artists. The next day Michael Jackson did a show with the remaining rock stars that did not play at those events like Aerosmith, Rod Stewart and more. Jon Bon Jovi and Paul McCartney wrote songs for and because of 9/11. 


BTW, that first event I mention here was shown on every television show that night raising a huge amount of advertising dollars by classic rock artists. 


What and how much money did country artists make fundraising for the 9/11 incident? 


That is the problem with the GOP people. They way what they think that those people want to hear. Wouldn't it be great to find anyone that speak their minds their way? 


Anyway, that was great. They start to talk about Barney's (Frank) last thing he did while being in office and how that GOP tried to repeal it day one. The Dodd/Frank law. I have worked hard to try to get the POTUS today to protect it. I think it will stay. I agree it could be tweaked which i have said a million times, but its need because people are not responsible and also, we blew it. 2008 was the culmination of the debacle that brought this bill to law on. 


Wall Street is at serious high these days but we also talk about how no one is feeling it. Jobs numbers are down or up depending how you read that stat but kids are still moving back in with their folks after graduating from college. I agree with Barney again because those types of jobs that gave people decent wages to live in suburbia are just not here today. But obviusly there are jobs now but again, I just can't see them and I can't hire yet at my small business.   


Here is the bit about the agriculture situation in California. Its very funny. Watch it now:



The Al Gore of water is coming out now with that Professor (Jay Famiglietti) guy on the show. I did get something about this issue this week and opted not to write about. Maybe it was by this guy. Let me see if I can find it. I can't find it but they finally make the point about how much water gets used to get Natural gas. And, also, why do we the people freak out when a plane goes down or when ice cream gets tainted in the mid west, but the fact that the icebergs are melting to nothing while wildlife is being lost and the fact we can't support us with enough water in the (united) states is never an issue. I mentioned this week that I was yelled at basically at some bar restaurant for responding to this odd person that says global warming is a hoax because after all she says, look how cold it is in march here in new jersey. That's how she gauged that issue and when i gave her an explanation why, she yelled something at me and left the bar area. That is why i will never sit at a bar by myself again. I am going to do what the Hockey players do in Cherry Hill, New which is to get a two table to set himself alone so i don't talk to anyone but what I hope would be a hot waitress. 

And, there we go. we finally discuss Yemen. I thought Houthies was pronounced as or like when you say that word Hoochies but both Bill and Barney pronounced it using the 'th' so i guess I was wrong yesterday in saying that I like to just to be able to say 'Hoochies". I was not wrong however, about saying how convoluted as the one guy says, it is in those regions. (Bill even mentioned that we are for Iran in the same situation).

I do NOT agree with S.E in that the damage id done so deal with it. If that were the case, than own it. The GOP will never own the fact that because of where we are today, is a product of us starting those two dumb ass wars.  

And, finally its time for new Rules everybody. New Rules:


The new Rules tonight is priceless. Cracker State is the best ever. Also funny is about the bland tastes in veggie food, and someone masturbated to 50 Shades of Grey? That is hot. Buying Cuba a new boat is also hilarious. These new rules are amazing. I don't know anything about the Dolce and Gabbana thing except from the this New Rule and that joke last week with or about Elton John. S.E. Cupp's laughs about it are cute as hell. Especially when she laughed at the I am not Persian joke when referring to that shirt. Actually, he brings up Elton (John) again this week.

Regardless of it all, please stay in touch!