Real Time With Bill Maher Show Weekly Update!

Bill Maher and his guests this week are Bob Costas, Christine Quinn, Mercedes Schlapp, former Rep. Jack Kingston and Gerald Posner! 

Lets get the show started tonight and lets dive into it after this long and yet productive week. 
Bill Maher interviews Bob Costas on 'Real Time' on March 20, 2015. [YouTube]
The monologue should be funny today. Considering this long week that has finally culminated this Friday Night, we should get some (Robert) Durst jokes and then some Israeli election jokes with some college frat house jokes so let's rock. A Standing Ovation Tonight which Bill makes note of as he says it must be because its spring today. The irony of his first joke is that it was not even a joke but yet it was still funny. It was about Netanyahu saying one day that he wants a two state situation in Israel and with Palestine just after he said that there would never be a two state situation (solution) in Israel. Mitt Romney had to say that was indeed done well. The GOP was mad at Obama for not calling Netanyahu to congratulate him in whatever time frame they felt was suitable. ISIS blowing up to mosques and some museum in Tunisia is talked about next which him joking that at least he knew that no Americans would be hurt or killed. That may be too soon but I guess not because if there was a buffet and a water slide that had been blown up, then yes, Americans would have been hurt. I did not know that 'Agent Orange' aka John Boehner was headed to Israel. I assume it is to hang with his new bff, Netanyahu but Boehner and Israel just seems odd to say in that same sentence. Is there anyone that is so not Jewish than (John) Boehner? Is there anyone that is more white bred than him (besides Mitch McConnell and everyone else in that GOP, but you know what I mean). But yeah, when Boehner is shit faced at the wailing wall, we will hear some real wailing. Aaron Shock resigning is up next and we have to view his cover pictorial showing his stomach. Which honestly, at the risk of me sounding gay, he has some great abs. I never saw that picture before tonight. We know his story about the Bears game he went to using the private jet on tax payers dime, the excessive mileage he charged off as a government related expense, the Katy Perry concert he attended with a group of kids on tax payers dime and then of course the Downton Abby decor again, done with tax payers money but hilarious joke about Robert Durst saying that he (Aaron Shock) can't figure out some way to dodge those issues when Durst cut up some guy into little pieces and got away with it? 

But 'yeah man." HBO caught a murderer and Bill says 'take that Netflix." But also, another celebrity trial in Los Angeles which means he could easily get acquitted since when he said he was caught, he meant that his 'dick was caught in his zipper." He did not mean that he was caught killing people. 

Funny monologue. 

Bob Costas is up first as he reminds the audience that he used to have a show on the HBO Network. Bill mentions that Costas is the only sportscaster (and maybe even broadcaster) that speaks up and i say that people hate it when he does it. He had spoken up against guns. He had spoken up against racial issues (gay) and Bob then reminds us of the many times that sports were used to bring up political issues (and visa versa) which honestly, as he reminds us of the many times it did intertwine, it is age old too. Costas also says the truth that when people chastise him for him speaking up for certain non sport related issues that those are the people that tend not to agree with it. Which again, that is so true. Besides, he also states that he does not go off about something with time winding down in the game or during a game for that matter, he does it at say half time or during some downtime in a broadcast. I think its great that he speaks out or speaks up for things. He did get a lot of hassle about the gun safety issue after I think it was Sandy Hook or actually, Bill said it was after the guy on the Chiefs killed his fiance and killed himself in that lot at the stadium. Which that guy had 8 guns. Why does anyone that is not a gun collector (I mean real gun collector of old guns, etc., not a collector that collects guns for the sake of having more of them) need 8 guns? They bring up the controversial Greg Hardy signing which ESPN's First Take discussed and debated one day this week. I honestly did not know the story. This is a great discussion. Bob is pretty astute about world events. But then again, he would not be on the show if he were not but anyway and wow. Bob finally makes the point that we need people on the far left and on the far right to call out the lying people. 

And, Bob and Bill, let me quote myself from my first book (Three Weeks In June) please which is in reply to why people can't have two thoughts at the same time:

"I feel like James Bond 007 being able to make a point that way. It is often thought by scholars that the sign of someone being a brilliant person is to be able to think about two opposing thoughts at one time. I therefore continue to position the other chopstick while I continue to talk about Chinese restaurants around the world. I can feel that the one stick now needs to be firmly held a bit more because if not, I have a feeling this piece of dim sum will fall onto to the table." 
It is because we are a bunch of dumb asses that live in this country. That is why we can't have two opposing points in one thought. But what they mean is that MSNBC is one way with their reporting and Fox News is the other way with both being one sides with its reporting. But then again, that is why I am a Morning Joe freak. They always have points and counterpoints and it is basically the only show on TV that does act this way. The rest of MSNBC is pretty liberal sided and forget about Fox News. They are just in the pockets of the far right money people. That's been that way since the 90's. The main difference today is that left types of media outlets sprouted up in the last 8 years and boy, man, do the right winged element hate it. They are so hypocritical in the sense that blame so much on that left wing media when they (right wing and Fox news) had free reign on TV and on radio for over 13 years without anything but America One which came and went faster than fast as counter to it. That is why the right and the GOP freak out now about the media. It is because they ran wild with it for years and loved it. Now, they get called on what they say which I get if you have something to hide, you will hate. 

Anyway, it is panel time with Christine Quinn, Mercedes Schlapp and Jack Kingston. I don't think I know the two woman, however, I have known Jack's history for years. I love his vocal pattern. I do recognize that woman that worked for (George) Bush Jr.and I must have seen that other one since she was evidently on this show before tonight and/or was on the old Politically Incorrect show. And, I agree with that I think its also hypocrisy at its best for U.S. Politicians to criticize Netanyahu for using that tactic saying that too many Arabs are voting making the threat for people to get out to vote. Remember when the GOP used the gay issue in Ohio and in PA in the 90's? Bill reminds us that Reagan used it as way to scare people into voting one way. That way of dealing has always been a part of that GOP play book for decades now. Willie Horton was another tactic used to scare people in Tennessee that year, etc. I did not see that as being bad if you will. It was quite smart actually. It is what you do in an election. And, oh. I see the point now being that would be equivalent if Willard (Mitt Romney) said the night before that last election that whites need to get out to vote because of so many black people voting. That is a stretch in my eyes but I get it now. I think it was was politics at its best and people have brains so they can make their own choice. I give that strategy by Netanyahu a total pass and in my writings after the election, I never fed into that issue this week. But yeah, why are we doing more of the Iranian's dirty work (by fighting ISIS now)? I mean besides the Iranian army sucking but still, why can't they deal on their own? And, Jack. Al qaeda became ISIS. Come on with that talking point that Obama ran on the platform that Al qaeda is on the run. 

Actually, here is another quote from my first book (Three Weeks In June) about what they are discussing now:

"Although as I think about it today, in a weird twist of irony, the terrorists are not in the US because of the war. This was part of the plan by Bush. He wanted to fight them over in those regions. If you do break it down in Iraq, the Balthus regime is the only one that could feasibly have ties to any terrorism and to Saddam himself. However, of the three cultures in Iraq which are that one, the Islamist Suni’s and the Islamist Shiats, they all share the same hatred not only towards each others groups, they also feel equal the hatred towards our American cultures and our ideals."
This issue is age old if I wrote about it in either 2004 and/or in 2007 (which is when I started and completed that first book (Three Weeks In June)). 

HBO has had a great month in that Documentary Film and Series Division. Between VICE showing the cure of cancer and with Robert Durst admitting to murders on that series, therefore, Pope Benedict admitting to the religion thing is just perfect: 

That's great. Nazi and that there must be some way to blame it on the Jews. Because when all else fails, blame the Jews. 

Greg Posner whomever he is is, is on the show now. He wrote a book entitled 'God's Bankers.' Bill goes there asking Greg in so many words if he was insulted by not getting molested as a kid in catholic school. He went there two times tonight. Honestly, I wish I cared more about religion than I do and by caring about it, I mean that I wish were more knowledgeable about it. Like I said about humans above, I feel that we have our own brains as humans and that we can make our own choices in every regard let alone in that regard. If people want to get into religion, good for them and if people do NOT want to get into it, good for them too. But I guess the issue with Greg (Posner) and his writings may be about money in religion, hence the name of this guys book. As far the current Pope, I tend to like him more than any other Pope I have seen in my life time. I guess the Vatican and its banks are exclusive to the people that live or are a part of that Vatican City. I was at the Vatican in my life. Its got some nice architecture. 

Robert Durst's story is up next. That is actually funny about that jury in Galveston Texas that acquitted him but in defense (no pun meant) of that outcome, it was because of the laws in Texas. You can defend yourself in your own home and did I hear the panel say that he (Robert Durst) killed 9 dogs and a cat of the people involved in that trial? Is that what I heard about this sicko? Did he try to scare people that way? Could Durst make the plea that he was sarcastic? I agree with Jack (Kingston) in that I don't think he is getting out of this one this time. Besides too, he is 71 years old. 

"A funny thing happened in New Hampshire." Bill brings up the three year old gasping about him saying that the world is on fire and I agree, Ted's target market is/are 5 year old kids. What is a three year old doing at a Ted Cruz rally. Obama did rebut what (Ted) Cruz said on Wednesday with facts about the economy. And, no one on the left got upset by that comment. Come on now. We all thought it was actually quite cute. So did everyone on the Morning Joe show. So did everyone. There were no far left winged people that took that literal saying that he scared here. Maybe the NY Times or some newspapers did, but not left'ish ones. Jack mentions the NY Times and I maintain that they are not left. They are Dem's at the most but they are so not about the left wing. The New York Times gets lumped into being all about the left wing and that is not true. They are all about the Dem's and the left winged element is / are not all about Dem's. 

And, its time for New Rules. New Rules:
FarmersOnly.com vs. Ancestry.com. Is there a difference? Sheldon Adelson looking like that oldest woman. He does. The 2015 Stockies include Happy Black Person, I hate my computer and my dick does not work. Next one is about that fun and inflatable slide that must apologize to the kids for it. What the hell is that thing that looks like a vagina? A slide? That is incredible. The Elton John and Dulce Gabana feud is a joke in itself and then finally, college frats is the last one that is the commentary and which you can watch here above this paragraph.  But it was so funny because I saw Revenge of the Nerds this last week and for the first time in years. I totally forgot about the cameras being planted in the girls sorority house until this week. There was a lot of risque things that were allowed in the 80s and in the 70s. Remember when Sean Penn's character in fast Times (at Ridgemont High) said those guys are fags?  That can't be said today. I forget what else was in the Revenge of the Nerds film, but again, there were a lot of crazy things that can't be used today in comedy films. Oh and also, I just asked some random woman/girl at the counter this week if she saw that movie, and of course never even heard of it (The Revenge of the Nerds film). Which showed my old age but regardless of it all, great show again tonight. Have fun and stay in touch and PS: I was never in a frat.